Facebook Boosted Post or Facebook Ads - Which One is Better?
One thing a lot of people ask about is Facebook Ads: the difference between boosted posts and ads created in Facebook Ads Manager.
They are essentially the same thing just on different levels.
A boosted post is a simplified ad – it’s a post (either pre-existing or newly created) that you set a budget on in order for it to be seen by a larger audience. There are three settings that you use to set up a boosted post:
- Target Audience (who you want to see the post)
- Budget (total amount of how much you want to spend)
- Duration (how long you want the post to be boosted)
Boosted posts are quick and easy to set up, and can be good for general brand awareness and audience engagement – things like page likes, comments and shares.
Facebook Ads are created through Facebook Ads Manager and can be optimized for page likes, app installs, website conversions, video views, shop orders, overall brand awareness and more. With Ads Manager you can create ads that are much more customized and targeted. Some of the things you can customize are:
- Placements – In ads manager you can choose some or all ad placements for you ad: Facebook and Instagram feeds, stories, in-stream, search, messages, in-article and apps.
- Objectives – Facebook Ads allow you to choose an objective – website traffic, store traffic, conversions, lead generations, and more – for your ad campaign in order to optimize performance and align with your business goals.
- Targeting – When creating Facebook Ads you can target by location, age, gender, language, connections, interests and different audiences. Detailed targeting helps you to reach people who are most likely to be interested in what you’re promoting.
- Audiences – You can create custom audiences based on website engagement, email lists, engagement with your Facebook and/or Instagram pages, and more to further drill down your targeting.
Facebook Ads are good to use for campaigns that are more detailed and customized to your specific business goals.
Both boosted posts and Facebook Ads work well, it just depends on what your goals are. If you’re looking for quick and easy brand awareness and post engagement, boosted ads are great – for anything more detailed try Facebook Ads.
Build your company's social media marketing presence with help from the experts at adWhite. Contact us today to see how Facebook & other social media ads can help you reach your business goals.
Subscribe to email updates